Come Join Our Team !
Special Olympics Bowling
...Please read page for details...
Registration open until 02/07/2021
UT Challenger Sports is a co-ed recreation program that enables children and adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities to enjoy the benefits of team sports participation in an adapted environment structured to fit their abilities.
We are excited that we will be participating in Special Olympic Bowling for our 2021 season.
Practices are scheduled to Start Monday February 15th starting 6pm and will be at a new location
DiDonato's Family Fun Center located at 1151 S. White Horse Pike, Hammonton, NJ 08037.
Location was moved due to necessary spacing requirements.
Practices will be each Monday starting at 6pm. Athletes are required to have at least 7 practices scores before bowling competition.
Bowling Finals will be held March 20-21 at Bowlero in North Brunswick, NJ.
Indoor groups are allowed in groups of 10 including players, coaches, and parents. If we have multiple groups they must be 20' apart. Everyone must maintain 6' social distancing. We will have limited coaches and volunteers because of these restrictions.
Players must be able to practice personal hygiene independently.
Athletes must be ages 8 and up. All registrations are on-line. Sorry no walk up registrations for Special Olympics Bowling.
...We have a three step registration process this season...
STEP 1) Complete SONJ High Risk Waiver & Covid-19 Code of Conduct
SONJ Return to Activity Guidelines | Special Olympics New Jersey
Please FOLLOW THE ABOVE LINK to read the Special Olympics Return to Activities page AND SUBMIT THE High Risk Waiver & COVID-19 Code of Conduct Wavier
After you submit your waiver you will receive a confirmation email from SONJ...Please forward that confirmation email to Coach Fern at email@example.com. It will help greatly. Thanks
STEP 2) Submit UT Challenger Sports on-line Registration
PLAYER ON-LINE REGISTRATION CLICK HERE for 2021 UT Challenger Sports Special Bowling
STEP 3) Be sure the player's Special Olympic 3 year medical is up to date and submitted to coach Fern
Special Olympic physicals are good for three years. Follow the Special Olympic physical form link for new players or those with expiring medicals. Up to date medical must be on file to participate.
SPECIAL OLYMPIC MEDICAL CLICK HERE
For questions contact Coach Fern at firstname.lastname@example.org Daryl DiTroia at UTChallengerSports@gmail.com
Current Special Olympic medical will be required for practices and games
Covid-19 Spread Reduction Procedures
- Facemask will be required to be worn by all players, volunteers, coaches, and attendees, for the entire practice and games.
- All players, volunteers, coaches and attendees will have their temperature taken by an infrared body thermometer. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 degrees will not be eligible to participate and must leave the facility.
- All players, volunteers, coaches, and attendees are required to use hand sanitizer upon entering facility and anytime they leave and return to their lane.
- All players, volunteers, coaches, and attendees will be asked "Covid-19 Health Check Questionnaire". Anyone having symptoms in the past 72 hours will not be able to participate and must leave the facility.
- Any player, volunteer, coach or attendees that have tested positive for Covid-19 must provide a doctor clearance and negative Covid-19 test result before returning. Personal info will not be shared and will be kept private.
- Any player, volunteer, coach, or attendee that test positive for Covid-19 must report this to Coach Fern of UT Challenger Sports. Personal info will not be shared and will be kept private.
- UT Challenger Sports will not be providing water or snacks.